Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lack of fascination usually means time for an attitude adjustment



As always, I apologize for not adding a new entry sooner. A lot has happened between then and now. Many times I will try to write something about what is going on in the news and/or things I have noticed or learned based upon personal experience but lately, I've been going through a whole bunch of nothing. The news has also been, a whole bunch of nothing. I refuse to write an entry about the Tiger Woods fiasco. I have much better ways to waste my time (such as Restaurant City on Facebook). I could go off on my opinions of how the ratings of Good Morning America are going to sink because of losing two members of the best team the show has ever had all in the same week and replacing them with two anchors who just do not have the charisma. To me lately, its just been a lack of fascination. Nothing is really interesting anymore or at least in recent days. I cannot write about my personal experiences lately because things are unfolding but haven't really unfolded yet. Job searching in this economy really sucks but we all know that and are sick of hearing about that.

I am starting to wonder if maybe an attitude adjustment is needed. I find myself becoming rather cynical lately. I loose interest in the day to day because I can see how it can be better instead of truly appreciating what it is or was. It's almost like being an optimistic pessimist to a fault. I went to hear a speaker yesterday and some of the things that she said really hit home for me. One of them was about how when we pray and we do not get an answer, maybe we are asking the wrong questions. I never really thought about that before. I thought that was an interesting concept. Lately I seem to pray and ask for specifically what I think will enhance my life but then when I do not get the answer I want, I miss out on the answer that was given or perhaps I'm missing out on what I was supposed to learn from getting a no. Sometimes getting a no from God can be the greatest of blessings. Not only do we value from learning obedience but also from whatever the underlining reason for the no was. Sometimes just change the question. Instead of perhaps, "what do you want me to do?"...ask "what do you want me to learn?"...things like that. I'm sure it will make all the difference. At yesterday's conference that I went to, the concept of JOY was a big theme and I realized as happy as I am or at least try to be, I am not really a joy-filled person as much as I'd like to be. To be joy-filled is different than being happy. If you are filled with joy, you are still cheerful even around adversity and confusion. I can be but its too much of an effort. I can't wait until the day where it just comes naturally for me. And just like all things, that too will take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment