Friday, September 18, 2009

The U2 Review




So my friend Sara and I went to the U2 concert in Toronto on Wednesday. As always after a concert I write a review (with the exception of Creed because my computer was down.) I don't even know how to explain it. It was by far the best concert I've ever gone to and I've been to tons of concerts! The show started with the Snow Patrol as the opening act. That was even great! Most concerts I go to have terrible opening acts with the exception of the first time I saw John Mayer in concert and Teiter opened for him and a few of the Christian bands that I've seen that had openers. Most of the time the openers are terrible. Hats off to the Snow Patrol. They rock. I'd totally see a concert that they headline if given the chance.
So the U2 portion of the concert started off with the stage which turned out to be a giant space ship, lighting up and having smoke coming from it while the old classic "Ground Control to Major Tom" was playing. Thanks to my Dad, I actually knew the song. Afterward, Larry walked out and started on the drums. What a great open!
They did a whole bunch of songs that spanned across their careers. It was a really great mix. I liked the entire concert from start to the end. I can't even think of anything that could have been better. For those of you on my facebook, check out the pictures. The sound didn't come out well on my picture camera video clips so I didn't post those but the pictures from the 500 level turned out really well surprisingly.Ok, well I would have liked to been in the circle. Other than that, it was the most amazing concert that I've ever seen and I still can't believe it. I would totally like to see them again soon. So far, no dates for Buffalo have been announced yet but I really hope they announce a Buffalo concert soon. I would definitely love to go if they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment