Sunday, September 13, 2009

Get Rid of it!



There are sometimes people and things in our life that are like what I call life clouds. These are things that just need to go! Nobody likes rainclouds (unless you are an emo). I was thinking about this recently. There are these people and things that are like positive energy clouds that just need to get out of my way! Don't let anyone or anything get in the way of your sunshine. If someone or something starts to drag you down and you try to change the way you think about it or them and that still doesn't help; if at all possible, get rid of those clouds! So often we let people and things effect us in such a way, that we start to feel ruined. There is no reason for that. It's one of the most un-necessary feelings. Any sort of negativity in actually un-necessary.
So how do we get rid of these clouds you might ask? I'll give some examples. Do you have "friends" who only know who you are when they need something? I know I do. I haven't heard from this person in quite some time and all of a sudden I get a random text saying that we've gotta hang out and all that. Usually that would be a wonderful switch from the normal "I need something so now I remember you." About 2 minutes later, I got a text asking me to be a reference for this person. I said yes though I do not know why. I mean I still try to be a nice person but there is no reason to deal with life clouds. To explain further I got another text a few days later from the same person and all it said was "I hate this fu@#$%* job." Ok, so now this person needs to vent. Ok well that would have been all fine if we were real friends. I never hear from this person unless she needs something or is pissed off about work. I do not need that from people who are not my friends. The only difference between that being a cloud and being a friend would be if I could depend on them as well; and I can't. As I write this, I sort of know that this is going to get back to the person because I post the bloglinks on my facebook page. People can't help but be curious as to what I write. And people love to gossip. But at least it will be one less cloud to ruin my day.
Another way besides online publications to get rid of the clouds is to just tell them. Be honest but be nice. I had to tell someone once that their negativity was really bringing me down. We were friends but I never ever heard anything positive come out of his mouth. Every single thing was negative. I have never met a more negative person in my life. I found myself always trying to explain where and how to find the bright side and he always telling me how it could and probably will get much worse. I had a talk with him and I was really nice about it and explained how we are not being helpful as much as we both want to be. It ended with me letting him know that I would pray for him every day but we just were not good to be friends anymore because we were not helping each other. We just got annoyed with each other every single time we talked. It just did not make sense.
So I mostly talked about people, things is way more obvious to me. Things you are addicted to or are not good for you, just get rid of it. Even if it's a job that is making you miserable, go find a new one. Our economy sucks, its true. But just because something is difficult doesn't mean it's impossible. Let's stop making excuses already and continue (or start) to move forward with our lives already! So whatever and/or whoever it is that is clouding your life, get rid of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment