Thursday, August 6, 2009

Treating people like I treat my customers



The Purpose of this blog entry is to basically explain something that I noticed about myself. It might be something for other people to think about too. I'm not trying to brag or state that I'm the best customer service professional ever or something. I'm just using myself and my work ethic as an example of a lesson learned.

So I try to keep myself in check. I was thinking about how I act towards people and how I should act towards people. I'm not horrible but I'm not always as patient as I should be Except when I'm dealing with customers. You may not know but I'm a Customer Service Queen. I could have the worst, most rude, angry not wanting to listen customer and before I'm done 9.75 times out of 10 take care of their issue or at least get them to not be angry at me anymore. I have a knack for that. I bend over backwards, use specific words when I speak to them, very careful about my tone, and actually convey to them that I really want to help and that it's important to me that I do whatever I can to help. I never talk back, I'm polite, and helpful as much as I possibly can be. I'll go above and beyond for the customers. Sounds a lot like I'm bragging. I'm really not because I have come to find out that I really should treat everyone like I treat my customers. Sometimes I'll come home and I feel exhausted from literally doing whatever I can for these people and doing it as efficiently as I can. I've decided to put that efffort towards everything else in my life but especially towards people. I know that it's going to be difficult and challenging but it really makes sense. If I can do that all day at work for people who are asking way too much of me,and much of the time not appreciating me, then why can't I treat everyone in my daily life just as nicely?! I often find myself saying about how I wish I was more patient yet I've worked in customer service for like 7 years and patience was never really an issue. Sure I get upset and annoyed at my customers a lot of the time but I don't treat them harshly for it. But if my family annoys me or makes me upset, I definetly let them know about it! I'm glad I noticed this but now the challenge is doing something about it. That should be interesting. I'm sure I'll have a future blog entry about this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment