Monday, July 20, 2009

When not worrying not only makes people upset, it makes them nervous...



So here's the thing. I try to be as positive as I can. Sometimes I fail miserably but for those just joining us, welcome to life! Anyway, I believe that part of keeping a positive attitude is to try my best not to worry about things. I try to take it as it comes and when one plan doesn't work out, instead of just getting upset about it, I'll make the necessary adjustments. That's how things go. Nothing ever goes as planned.
Ok, so here is where it gets interesting. A lot of times I have to work either in a group on something or just work with people in general. Some people get motivated by my ability to adapt while others, well they get ticked off and actually worry that I am not worrying. I still can't figure out why people get like that but I find it fascinating (except when they are screaming in my face or on the phone because they choose to take my positiveness negatively). I just never will understand it. People should not get angry with me for their negative disposition. It's not my fault they choose to believe that their lives suck. Notice that I said choose to believe. Some people no matter how much good they have in their lives, or get the "well it could be much worse comparison" they choose not to see how much they are truly blessed. I fall into that category too sometimes but I drag myself out of it rather quickly because I see the difference that it makes. And I am thankful. I could actually probably do an entire serious of my opinions on gratitude and the need for it in the world. Stay tuned my friends, I've got ideas! So back to the topic....I am starting to get annoyed now with people getting annoyed at me. It's a vicious cycle. The saying "Misery knows/welcomes company" is not a reason, its an excuse so stop. Stop trying to drag people down to your sad disposition. It's not cool. We need to spend much more time building each other up than dragging people down. If you are miserable, keep that to yourself unless of course you are asking for help. I could have gone in a million different ways with this but part of my blogging ethics for CloudYellow is to put it out there in one take. So it is what it is and that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment