Sunday, June 7, 2009

Confidence in Confusion

I often find myself telling people to be confident in themselves when they ask me for advice and its usually when they are facing really confusing situations. I have learned (the hard way) that you need to stay confident in yourself and your abilities. You need to decide what it is that you want and go and get it. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve and know that you deserve the best. So many times we are faced with choices for our lives and we tend to cut ourselves short. Why should we is what I ask? Many times the people "running the show" are (to put it lightly) jerks. They are the ones who usually get the nicest everything and better positions. Perhaps its because they are really confident and think they are better than everyone else. Are they really better? Of course not, they are still...jerks. So in all reality, we should be much more confident because if these...jerks can do all that, we can do so much better. We are better than that and its time that we all believe that. Imagine how wonderful Corporate America would be if the higher ups actually were nice people, not selfish. I am not saying that they are all like that but there are plenty of them that are.
I find that I do it too sometimes. I will ask people's advice just to hear someone that agrees with me. For some reason, it helps when it really should not. It's really not boosting my confidence when I stop and think about it. If I was as confident as I thought, then I would not ask at all. I had a recent situation where it was one of those decisions of the heart. I was not really certain what the right thing to do was because it was involving my feelings and I did not want that to cloud my judgment. Instead of just asking maybe one or two people's advice. I asked several people's advice. It was like I sort of wanted someone to agree with me and tell me what I wanted to hear. Nobody did. It was one of those "ta da" moments in life where you realize that you were wrong. As much as I hate it, I love it. I value learning experiences and learning from my experiences. So its all good anyway. I just thought I'd share that in case something starts looking at me like I'm trying to be a know it all because I'm so not. I am learning along the way just like everyone else does. I just like to write so I'm writing a blog. Blogging is a way of getting published way faster than publishing my book is going to take. (I'm not even close to getting done with that one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment