Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rocky Waters

I was looking through my pictures and I found this one that I called Rocking Waters. It can be used as a metaphorical image for several things in life. It can look like life. There are two ways to look at it though, positively or negatively. I look at life as being something hopeful. Some people would look at the rocks as being too close to the water, a danger that one might fall in. I see the rocks as something you stand on to get a better view of the water. I was standing on one when I took the picture actually. :) I see the beauty of God's creation. Its something that I have always marveled at. Thus all the nature/scenic pictures all over my blog.
Life could be like "rocky waters" though and cause its falls and bruises. You can feel like you are drowning in sorrows, but life is also something very beautiful which is something a lot of people forget/refuse to realize. So my little opinion/advice today is just look at the rainclouds and think about how awesome it is. Don't just wait for the sunshine or you are really missing out. I've noticed that many people put their moods according to the weather. If we get a long rain spell, are you going to be miserable for 9 days straight?! That is a lot of your life to waste. Every moment is precious. Every life is precious. About an hour after this photo was taken, it rained like I've never seen before. The sky went black. It was awesome, a little scary but still awesome. Life is a journey, not a job. So be adventurous and see the beauty in the rocky waters of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment